Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March!!! - Kinky Karnival!

So it's upon us! My month where I have my final exam ever. Me standing there, with three men staring at me, attacking me with all of their demands until they are fully sated. Torturing me for hours on end until their thirsts are quenched, as I pleadingly make leaps of faith and desperation in order to try to please them. Well, mathematically at least. It sounds a lot better when I phrase it this way, though they would probably not be amused.

At any rate, the weekend before this event, I'm helping work a Kinky Karnival at my university. It's really neat. It's an annual event we have at the LGBT house for people to understand kink better. It was started by one of my friends at the school who happens to be a Philadelphian. Three things will be featured this year: rope bondage, gear bondage and hypnosis. That's right, my friend Neil will be coming down from NYC, and I'm helping demonstrate hypnosis with him. This will be open for people to see how it works. I like this idea of all three as it shows three great artforms of kink. Rope bondage is really classical in my eyes. It really is a "back to basics" approach when it comes to bondage as it started; however, I'd say it's one of the hardest to master. That's why I really think it's an invaluable kink to be included. Easier to start, very difficult to master.



Gear bondage is has much more startup cost, and really has no end to it. I think it's a great way to show safety as well and how people need to be completely aware of everything. It's also a great gateway to talk about leather and rubber as a kink itself and show how one can work rope into gear. I think it also has a way to humanize the kink as gear is typically what one freaks out about when it comes to kink, so this is a form of desensitizing. But still, it's just so hot for us pervs, no?



Just look at that.... mmmmm.

Now for hypno. I think this is a great place to end. Hypno has the great advantage of truly showing the connection possible with two people, and showing that the mind can make bondage occur even without any gear at all. I think this is a high form of relationships in bondage and shows how important the connection between a Sir and boy can actually be.

I like this trifecta, as it kinda shows what kink can be about: an aspiration towards perfection and a willingness to learn, an attitude of fearlessness while experimenting and using materials in order to achieve an experience that one desires, and a higher form of connection that one aspires to have with another that transcends standard consciousness. That's what it's about. That's pretty fucking sexy if you ask me.

Until next time,
Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment